Jugaadfest is a gathering of developers and FOSS contributors who get together to learn, share, and hack on Open Source projects for one day with the goal of making things work. 30+ mentors and successful FOSSASIA Google Summer of Code students from India and Europe will guide you during the day. At Jugaadfest you can:
- join various hands-on activities, e.g. set up FOSSASIA apps, install conversational voice assistants, do experiments with PSLab
- learn from developers how to find innovative fixes or simple work-arounds to get FOSSASIA prototypes working
- learn how to build up an awesome developer profile that improves your job chances by collaborating in the FOSS community
- improve your coding and tech skills while contributing to open source software and hardware projects
- enjoy presentations conducted by veteran developers
Jugaadfest is a hands-on event. Please bring your laptop.
We kick-off in the morning with short introductions by developers of FOSS projects. After that participants have the chance to join teams at different tables and start learning and collaborating on Open Tech projects.
At the lunch break participants mingle and discuss what they have learned before they continue browsing projects. At the end of the event day we ask developers to share their learnings in short lightning talks.
Certificates: Participants of Jugaadfest receive a certificate of participation. (Prerequisite: Full-day participation)
Contributors Discount Tickets
You are a contributor to FOSSASIA project or other Open Source communities? Apply for a discount ticket. There is a limited number of contributor tickets for 90, 80, and 70% discounts available. Please fill in the form here: https://jugaadfest.com/community-ticket
Free Bus Shuttle Transportation
🚌 A bus will shuttle will be available two times an hour from JNTU. It starts to BVRIT HYDERABAD at 8:00AM for the first time.
- Location: BVRIT HYDERABAD College of Engineering for Women
- Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018
- 8:30 Registration and Breakfast Snacks
- 9:30 Introduction and Opening Sessions
- 9:45 How to Participate in FOSSASIA Coding Programs, Google Summer of Code and Codeheat
- 10:00 Project Presentations: SUSI.AI, Open Event Solutions, Pocket Science Lab, Meilix, Badgeyay
- 11:00 Developers Join Project Tables
- 12:30 Lunch Break
- 13:30 Developers Learn and Participate at Project Tables
- 16:00 How to Collaborate in International Open Source Projects and Global Enterprises Using Best Practices
- 16:15 Lightning Talks
- 16:30 What's Next?
- 17:00 End of Event
Social Event (Ticket Required)
- Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018
- 19:30 Dinner in Hyderabad City
Jugaadfest Extended (Contributors - Invitation Only)
- Location: Collab House Hyderabad
- Developer Workshops: Monday October 1 - Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- Brunch: Thursday, October 4, 2018
A CS undergrad from Indian Institute Of Information Technology Indian Institute who loves making stuff. Most recent love: Github Markdown Shields. I hate merge commits.
Dr. K.V.N. Sunitha
Organized by FOSSASIA
FOSSASIA develops Open Source software and hardware for conversational AIs, science and event management with a global developer community from its base in Asia. The organization runs Open Technology events, coding programs and the #Codeheat development contest. The annual FOSSASIA Summit is the premier Open Technology event in Asia for developers, contributors, start-ups, and technology companies. FOSSASIA was founded in 2009 by Mario Behling and Hong Phuc Dang.